Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Play" {Dusty Attic and Maja Design}



Hi everyone! It's me Gabrielle here with you today to share my latest project using some fun new chippies from Dusty Attic and some Vintage Spring Basics collection mixed in with a little bit of Vintage Summer and Autumn Basics from Maja Design. I began by first using a Martha Stewart edge/corner punch on the edges of a neutral paper from the Vintage Summer Basics collection (1899). I then did a little inking with some Donna Salazar Distress Ink (Denim) and used a Heidi Swapp stencil and homemade texture paste over the inked areas.


The photo is one of my great nieces that my nephew's wife Danielle was kind enough to share with me. I wanted to keep the design light and airy and playful like the photo of Jade and at the same time play up the blues in the photo.


To make the floral design I used some super cute Dusty Attic chipboard (Spider Crysanthemum and Flower Buds), painted white and tinted with some blue and green chalk inks (Versa Magic Inks). I punched tiny blooms using a floral punch (Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch) on some cardstock and the left over strips of paper from the background (tinted blue at the edges, ). The butterfly is from Tattered Angels, Nature Glimmer Glass (I'm trying to use up bits of old stash with each layout I create).


I just love the little strips at the bottoms of the paper collections (not even sure what it says, LOL) but I love the pretty design element they add to a page!   I just adore the new cute l'il heart arrows, they make fun accents for a page.  For the one I used above, I simply painted it with white gesso, inked it with some blue Distress ink (Denim) and brown chalk ink.  I finished the design by adding some Dusty Attic Gloss Medium to the heart to give it a glassy look.


For some reason I really love the way burlap looks with the blues in this collection. In keeping with the neutral accents, I chose a Prima flower in a natural fabric and added some smaller blooms in blue from Petaloo (Darjeeling collection...Love these blooms, I think they are a perfect match for the blues in the Maja collections). And I also used some more clock cut-outs from the Vintage Autumn Basics (I just love this paper for embellishing my layouts, the clocks seem to add a nice touch to any layout whether masculine or feminine).
Dusty Attic Products used for this project:
~ Spider Crysanthemum
~ Flower Buds
~ Heart Arrows #2
~ Hinges
~ Dusty In Color Gloss Varnish
~ Dusty In Bloom (Latte)

Maja Design products used for this project:
Patterned Paper: Vintage Spring Basics (4th of April, 4rth of April-bs, 5th of April), Vintage Summer Basics (1899), Vintage Autumn Basics (XVI)

Again, if you are looking for Dusty Attic or Maja Design Products, I have a listing in my side panel of my blog with links to online stores.  I can tell you that some great sources for these products are The Scrapbook Diaries (USA), Moments of Tranquility (USA), Vicky Alberto's Etsy Shop (Canada).  Thanks so much for stopping by today and checkin' out my blog, your kind comments and feedback just make my day! xo

15 comments:

Chimera said...

Wooow! It's beautiful! It looks like a piece of meadow moved to the paper.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Gabrielle ... There is so much that I absolutely adore about this LO. You have such a gift for framing your focal images. And what a great picture!!! Adorable. I love the hinge, burlap and buttons. Gorgeous elements from Dusty Attic and Maja Design!! Thanks so much for the inspiration! -- Mary Elizabeth

Lynn said...

Stunning! Inspired by you I have just entered the Maja Designs Feb mood board challenge. Super work - so inspiring.
Lynn

Wilma Voermans said...

A beautiful page, I love the contrast blue white and than the other side white blue stenceling. Very clever! x

morkaren said...

Det LO er helt vidunder ligt, du har sammensat dejligt pynt til smukke farver, og barnet er også kær. knus morkaren.

Becky said...

wow, another stunning page!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!
Yes, the browns and blues together (with the coolness of
the green) is very beautiful.
Love your ink and Gesso; it's always 'just right!'
The chippies are gorgeous.Thank you for sharing the details!
Love love love this one~ And your gn is a doll!~

OH, I think the btm strip sentiment says
"Enjoy the day" ~

Paula Calvanico said...

You're amazing! I love this and everything you do of course :) All the layers of texture are wonderful. Classic Gabrielle!

Paula xoxo

Patty O'Malley said...

Always breathtaking, what can I say!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the blue texture and lovely layers and framing.

Lizzyc said...

Oh so beautiful.. I love the colors and all the gorgeous embellies and flowers and clocks.. stunning layout..

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful techniques Gabi! I love this sweet little page and photo of Jade. Thank your niece for sharing it! Love those DA chippies and how you've embellished on them. It's all so beautiful!

Margaret Mifsud said...

A simply stunning page as always Gabrielle!! Love the mix of the blues and brown with that touch of green, it's gorgeous!! Absolutely fabulous design too!! Love, love, love!! ox

Davi said...

Stunning LO I love the blues and browns and distessed look!

aworkofheart said...

Your work is absolutely stunning and very inspiring, thank you for being willing to share what you do! Cathryn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails