Monday, August 10, 2015

Clean & Simple Style {Shimmerz Paints and Dusty Attic} Video Tutorial!!


Hi all! For today's project I thought I'd play a bit with negative space designs.  I so admire people who can do this style of scrapping well! For me it's a bit of a challenge as I have a tendency to fill up my spaces too much.


I began this project by first using the Dusty Attic August Inspiration board as a stimulus for this project.  I chose my colors from it but I think I got a little off track with the blue, I meant to choose a steal/blue/gray ....I thought that the light blue and the grey would mix to the right color, but the light blue ended up dominating my layout.....ah well, I'm still happy with the results even if the colors didn't match the mood board as well as I wanted.....and where is the yellow, you may ask? It's in my nephews, wife's shirt! LOL!


These are the Dusty Attic products I used to make up this page:
~ Key to My Heart
~ Marrakesh Panel (small)
~ Sea Gulls
~ String Frames (Small)
~ Foliage #2
~ Work Pack #16


These are the Shimmerz Paints products I used for this project.  I've made up a short video tutorial on how this page came together....so take yourself a lil break and enjoy! (If the video is not showing up here on blogger you can watch at this link https://youtu.be/PGyEa1N19II .....



Hope you enjoyed my video tutorial! I have been trying to make use of some of my old stash, so I took these layered stickers I had from an old K and Company collection called Blossomwood and used them as my floral embellishments for the page (makes for a nice flat page design that will fit easily into an album).


I also fussy cut some Pussy-willow branches from a patterned paper in the Blossomwood paper collection, and scattered them around the photo area.  The little Sea Gulls are a nod to one of my friends on my Dusty Attic design team Joanne Bain, who does clean and simple style to perfection,....she often uses those lil Sea Gulls in her work adding a lovely dramatic effect!


The Dusty Attic Marrakesh Panel (small) is such a fun design element that I think can add lots of texture to a page....here I just added a drop of Perfect Pearls in a lavender color to the joints.  For the pretty Dusty Attic heart lock (Key to my Heart) I painted the base with Shimmerz Grapetastic Dazzlerz and the ornate top piece with Shimmerz Gritty Graphite Texturez.


Recently Dusty Attic put out a whole bunch of AWESOME word packs, I just love these scripty titles....and what a great deal, as you get a number of titles in one pack!


I know it may pain some people to cut up the beautiful Marrakesh Panel, but never throw out the bits and pieces left over.  Even the smallest bitty piece can add a nice accent as shown here where I used a cut off piece for the little corner accent.

I'm so loving the watercolor effect the Shimmerz Paints Creameez add to a background design!  Did you know that Shimmerz just recently came out with a whole bunch of NEW Creameez colors?  I just got my order in and I can't wait to play....there is a new Summery color collection and a Vintage Collection, they are ALL gorgeous colors!
NOTE:  If you are looking to put in a Shimmerz Paints order, be sure to mention my name 'Gabrielle' to get yourself a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice! (just pop it into the 'Instructions to Merchant/Seller' part of your order along with the product you chose as your bonus). You can order Shimmerz Paints HERE.

Looking for a great place an order Dusty Attic Products in North America?  The Scrapbook Diaries has a huge variety of the latest Dusty Attic chipboard designs (they also ship International) .....another great source is Moments of Tranquility.

I hope you enjoyed checking out my attempt at a clean and simple page style!  Lots of time left this month to still play along in the Dusty Attic Inspiration Board Challenge....as always there is an AWESOME Dusty Attic prize up for grabs (a $100.00 Gift Certificate for the DA online store)!  Be sure to share your project at the Dusty Attic blog and link it in the right side column.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with this month! xo


27 comments:

Bunny Dobbie said...

Those blossoms are gorgeous Gabriel. You did great leaving white space. Like a natural. Really pretty layout.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Gabrielle,
ich bin immer wieder begeistert von den wundervollen Videos. Es ist einfach wunderschön zu sehen wie ein Bild entsteht.
Mich würde interessieren welche Musik du im Hintergrund hast. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielleicht kannst du mir den Interpreten und Titel nennen. Vielen Dank für die Mühe und ebenfalls vielen Dank für die vielen wundervollen Inspirationen.
Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Unknown said...

Stunning Gabrielle,love the layout and the watercolour effect,you have inspired me to use some floral decoupage I have had in my stash for a number of years. I had just sat down with a coffee with my tablet when I received a notification you had just uploaded a video tutorial...perfect timing.Thanks for sharing.Take care.

Janene said...

Beautiful as always!!!!!

Valia Katzaki said...

I love this Gabrielle! You are a master in everything you do!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Liebe Silve, vielen Dank! Die Musik ist bei Ed Sheeran und Titel ist Kiss Me. Entshuldigung an mein Deutsch, ich kann Deutsch sprechen aber nicht so gut schreiben. xo

Mary Elizabeth said...

So very lovely Gabrielle. I love your video. It gives me so many great ideas to try on my next project. It's great to watch you creative process in action. Fantastic background with those Shimmerz paints. The Dusty Attic Marrakesh Panel is lovely and light over top (especially with the perfect pearls accents). Thanks for the inspiration. I stayed and watch a few more of your videos while I was at it. You are so incredibly talented. -- Mary Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I'd say you mastered the "negative space" part of your project Gabrielle - FABULOUS job! This is just BEAUTIFUL in every way. I enjoyed watching you make this very much in your video tutorial. I can't even imagine having $100 worth of those incredible Dusty Attic products - they all look so amazing. You definitely are inspiring.... your work is always so incredible. Thanks bunches. j.

Julie said...

Well done Gabrielle, you have certainly achieved the white space effect. I love the 'less is more' look. I really want to try your watercolour technique, you make it look so easy. The seagulls are so cute. Look forward to more great videos and projects. Love Julie x

francie said...

Gabi, I thoroughly enjoyed your video tutorial after leaving a comment on scrapbook.com. TFS your beautiful designs with us. Fran (Quick Silver)

Angelwing said...

Отпечаток красоты во времени!

Kathy Bradley said...

So very, very beautiful and elegant. I think you can master any style - as you are so very talented. Will watch the video a bit later. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle AKA Bubbachooka said...

Gabrielle, this is awesome.....Love how you fussy cut the pussywillows, they are my total fav flower! I have that range, now I can see possibilites!

Patty O'Malley said...

This layout is so beautiful. Love seeing the video as it shows details I overlooked in the photo.

Beverley said...

Delightful(as always) Gabi! Thanks so much for sharing the video, it is always so inspirational (and such a help) to see you at work. xx

Di Garling said...

Fabulous layout and great tutorial. Never tire of watching you create. BEAUTIFUL.

Christine Kosmak said...

Gabrielle, this is just plain gorgeousness! I love the colours and everything else! One day I want to grow up to be you and create gorgeous thing like this! That said it's just slightly tongue in cheek as I'm probably just a tad older than you! Lol! And by the way I'm not apologizing for my humour! Lol Although it has gotten me in trouble in the past! LOL! Thanks for the 'inspiration overload!'

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Gabi.Such a beautiful layout. Love the clean and simple style. I know how hard it can be because I am a shabby girl who using lots of stash too. Thanks for the inspiration. I might as well try this style too. Thanks so much to my #1 fave designer.
Huggies!!!!

Romy said...

You did it again...you made my jaw drop on the floor! This lay-out is just completely stunning! The colours are magical, I love how you altered the chipboard pieces and you turned the photo into a real eye-catcher. Just amazing!

Lizzyc said...

Really beautiful layout! Love the clean look and the dreamy background colours.. Lovely photo and love the fussy cut pussy willow sprays too! Always love it when you take the time to make a video,too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Gabi, amo seus trabalhos! Parabéns! Sinceramente, voce é a melhor! Beijos, querida! Amooooooo!

annemikaeli said...

Gabrielle that layout is just gorgeous and has given me so many ideas. Definitely placing an order with Dusty Attic and Shimmers. Just as a sidenote what was the music you played in that video?

Lisa Landry said...

Beautiful colors and love the design! What quite 'shocked' when I saw it was you that created it, only because it was quite different from your usual style. I think this 'attempt' as you refer to it is fabulous! It's inspirational!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a beautiful page - I'd say you nailed that style perfectly!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much hon! The song title is "Kiss Me" and it's by Ed Sheeran. xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Love your sense of humor Christine, thanks for the kind words on my work! xo

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Gabrielle,

vielen herzlichen Dank für den Namen und den Titel. Dein Deutsch ist doch super. Ich habe alles verstanden. Leider ist mein Englisch nicht so gut. Nur ein wenig Schulenglich. Aber ich bin sicher wir verstehen was wir uns sagen wollen.

Ich bewundere deine Werke und Videos immer sehr, sehr gern. Ich bin total fasziniert von deinen Werken.

Hugs Silvi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails